Monday, January 5, 2009

Times...they are a changing...

Hey, Everyone, what's happening?

I haven't written up here in forever. I'm sorry if you missed me. :-p

Life is progressing pretty well for me as of late. I've got one more semester at Wilson Tech, and then I'm through there! :-) My last semester actually starts this Thursday. I'm extremely excited, but I'm also kinda scared.

You ever look at yourself in the mirror and go, "Jesus Christ, I'm an adult!" ? It's a scary feeling. It seems like just the other day I was playing with action figures and stuffed animals with David, and now I'm trying to figure out my life plans...and those life plans are only a few months away.

It's frightening...becoming an adult.

I've decided to save my pay check for the next few months so I can hopefully afford an apartment wherever I move. I'm planning to work extra over the summer. I'd love to get a job at a clothing store. That way, I could get discounts on clothes...because once I move, I won't have much extra money for anything. :-p

I'm happy to be this age, but sometimes, I wish I could regress to an early year in my life.

Life was simple even though it was difficult, if that makes any sense.

All I had to worry about was school and my action figures and The Animal Cafe.

Now I'm 21, and I'm worrying about what apartments I'll be able to afford and if I can make it through medical school.

I wish I could go back to '97 or so. That would be nice. I was ten! Can you believe that?

Sometimes I can't help but think about those times...my aunt would drive David and me to school from my grandparents' house; I'd go to school and work my ass off; my aunt would pick us up; we'd go by Bojangle's or McDonald's right after school, and then my aunt would take me to my grandparent's house because my mom would still be in Wilson teaching. Grandma would play the tv too loud while I was trying to do my homework, and Grandpa would be doing the same...just in his room. They'd both later have dinner together in complete silence, and their chewing noises would drive me crazy. :-p

Then my mom would come over and take me home and help me study. I'd go to bed around 12 or 1 usually. Then it was a repeat.

It was a little difficult for a kid. I think my school worked us harder than some, but it was the norm. It was my schedule.

Now my aunt and grandparents are gone, and the old house is just a ghost now.

Growing up is so hard. You have to lose so many people you thought would always be there for you. You never really forget them or replace them. You just find little ways to make things better for yourself.

I suppose that's how life is. You live, love, and lose.

*sigh*

This may sound really negative, but I'm honestly not in a bad mood. I'm just feeling reflective. Actually, I'm in kind of a good mood for some reason.

Don't laugh at me, but I just did a little bit of meditation, and it felt really nice. It's a great feeling to just cleanse your thoughts for a little while...I think I'll do that more often.

Anyway, I just thought I'd grace you guys with another blog entry.

Happy 2009, Everyone! I hope it brings everyone happiness, and I hope it brings me new experiences and new memories to add to my old ones. :-)

No comments: